Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Weekend Time is the Best Time

This weekend was pretty chill. I got to babysit my handsome nephew on friday morning which was lots of fun. He's growing so fast I can hardly believe it! He will steal a spoon right out of your hand when you are feeding him and man that kid has a grip!







































Friday night we went out to dinner for Nick's brother's birthday at El Chihuahua (known for their over the top sized deathstars). If you don't love a giant bucket of cheap alcohol in the beginning, you will love it by the end. Needless to say I was just the right amount of tipsy when I got home to want to go to bed. We called it a night pretty early.

Saturday  I worked on craft projects all day (photos to come). Then around 5 Nick and I went out for an early dinner to ekamai Thai Curry. It is a cute little place right across from pioneer park downtown. They also recently built a new one in the Sugarhouse area right by my work (woohoo!).


 
 
I like ekamai because it is a good option for a fast lunch or dinner without eating greasy fast food. I had the yellow curry which was delicious, I don't remember what Nick had but it was insanely hot and apparantly they only serve it on saturdays.


That night we met up with a few friends at Maxwells downtown. It is their second location (first being up in Park City). While it's not exactly my cup of tea I still had a fun time dancing the night away and drinking lots of girly drinks. Nick happened to know the code to a downtown building from a party he attended this past summer so we went in the building and climbed to the top. Gorgeous views of Salt Lake! Shhhh don't tell anyone we were up there.





































Then I got to wake up to this.... so cute!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment