Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Snazzy Tunes - The Drums

Note: This post probably spurns from the fact that I am still bitter about their show at Urban Lounge getting cancelled a couple weeks ago. I was pretty much devistated. Too sick to perform?? Pshhh...

I heard The Drums a while back and have adored them ever since. They have such an old sound which I love. Think Beach Boys gone indie + a little smidge of The Smiths.

They've gone through some major changes over the past couple years with the lead singer leaving the band. They have a few albums, the most recent of which is Portamento. I highly recommend giving it a listen.

The Drums - "Money"

For you fellow Utahns... You might recognize their "Lets Go Surfing" song from the lagoon commercial last year. I never knew Lagoon was so hip..

1 comment:

  1. That re-opened some old wounds. I might still be bitter we missed this show...maybe.

    ReplyDelete